Friday, June 21, 2013

Gradient: Rainbow Honey, The Summer of 199X!

Good morning, readers! Today is the release day for the new Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Collection! I was sent three of the new colors to review and I'm showing you how I wore them! I figured that you would already be seeing tons of swatches so this is a little more fun for me!

Here is some info on the new collection:

"Rainbow Honey is pleased to present its newest collection, Summer of 199X - featuring 10 new colors inspired by the 1995 SNES hit, Earthbound.

"Another video game that holds a special place in my heart! I wanted this collection to bring me back into the game, and I think each new lacquer takes me to a special moment or reminds me of a certain boss that resulted in one too many Game Over's... Part I is made up of 5 new glitterbombs bursting with shimmer and color - they all layer to opacity but can be used over other colors as well. Part II is 3 new shimmer-dusted cremes and 2 new glitter toppers that give each creme a bold or sweet look. I am so excited to add these all to our lineup!" – Dee"




I was sent three gorgeous polishes from Part II and couldn't be happier with the ones they chose to send me! (Please note: my bottles are the mini 4ml size bottles. The photo on my box above shows what the full size bottles look like)

Tessie, I Miss You, and Mint Flavor.

Here is how I wore these new colors! Tessie and Mint Flavor got their own nails and then I did a gradient of the two on the accent nails, topped with I Miss You. All swatches are shown with top coat.



Tessie: "No need to join the Tessie-Watching Club when you can have this dusty and shimmery periwinkle creme at your fingertips." Tessie is my favorite of the three and it applied beautifully! Two easy coats with top coat shown above. The shimmer is gorgeous! 



Mint Flavor: "Part aqua, part baby blue, part shimmer, this was hands down the best window flavor. Because...you taste windows, right?" Mint Flavor is another beauty and I can't get over the shimmer! So gorgeous! I'm showing three coats with top coat above. It was a little patchy with the first two so the third coat smoothed it out pretty well. 



I Miss You: "A pastel rainbow of glitters and shimmer, these butterflies are sure to cure the homesick traveler." I Miss You is such a pretty and delicate combo of glitters and shimmer! I can't wait to wear this over more colors. I'm showing 1 1/2 coats on top of the gradient. The glitter came out easily but I did dab on a few bigger glitters after the first coat. Shown with top coat above.


What do you think of these gorgeous new polishes? And tell me your thoughts on this kind of review post instead of the usual full hand swatches of each color? I have more fun wearing the polishes this way! Thanks for reading!

The Summer of 199X Collection will be officially released on 6/21/2013 at 10:00PM EST and it will be available at www.rainbowhoney.com and participating retail partners around the globe!

The Summer of 199X Collection is available as:

·       Complete full-size (15ml, $90) or mini-size (4ml, $40) collection

·       Part I or Part II, full-size (15ml, $45ea) or mini-size (4ml, $20ea) sets

·       and full-size bottles (15ml, $10ea)

Rainbow Honey will also be offering FREE Shipping and a FREE Limited Edition Lacquer on all orders of $50 or more (US & Canada only).

*The polishes in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I like this mani with the gradient from blue to green. I love the little butterflies and hearts in the glitter topper! Beautiful manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my this is so gorgeous! the shimmer in those polishes are breath-taking, your gradient is perfect and i LOVE that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all, but Mint is amazing <3
    Great combo of them on your nails ^_^

    ReplyDelete