Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Art: Fingerpaint Design!

Hello, readers! Well, it's the last day of Art week! This was a challenging week and I am looking forward to seeing what we all come up with for next month's challenge.

However, I am SO in love with my mani I am showing you today, so I guess I saved the best for last. Once again, I asked my wonderful husband for help picking a theme for today's art inspired mani. He is so good to me, and has the best ideas! He hopped on google images for a bit and we both saw this finger painting image and knew it would be really cool to do on nails!


It took some trial and error but once I figured out that doing a needle marble with jelly polishes instead of cremes worked so much better, it was amazing!! I was planning on only doing my swatching hand in this design and then trying out my new Zoya's from the recent promo, but after I saw how it was turning out, I had to do it as a full mani. I can't stop staring at my nails! Is it too early to pick my favorite nail art of the year? LOL



Here is how I did it:

Base Coat of Duri Rejuvacote
1 coat of Milani White on the Spot

One nail at a time:
1 coat of Essie Marshmallow
Random blobs on the nail of:
 OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y?
 OPI Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear?
 Zoya Frida
 Nfu-oh JS13
Smallest dotting tool dragged through the color blobs to swirl them together
Poshe top coat

It was seriously so amazingly easy to do these nails! What do  you think? Here is a recap of the entire Art Week:


Thanks for reading!



Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. You're so good it makes me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL of these designs are great! I love them all! This one, the silhouette and the "Love" design are my favs - I think. LOL! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great!! You are so good at dry marbling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea to needle marble with jellies! great manicure too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there's just a quality to these that is so different - almost like swirling mist. Definitely going to have to try with the jellies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so amazing and definitely captures the essence of the picture. I know I wouldn't be able to stop staring at my nails if they looked like that. I also love the color choices

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the texture it has. Like Debbie said it is like swirling mist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, they look great! I want to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete