Friday, September 21, 2012

My "Skinny Jeans" Mani!

Good morning, readers! Recently, I did a swap with Jen at My Nail Polish Obsession and she sent OPI Ink Suede in my package. This is my first OPI Suede and it's gorgeous!! I had no idea how much I'd like it, I really need to look up the others and see if there are any that I'd like to search for now. I must warn you, these aren't easy to find these days unless you want to pay more than retail on ebay.

Anyway, it makes me think of jeans, specifically dark skinny jeans, so I thought I'd go with that and make that the theme of this mani. Freehanded a little pocket on my accent nail and was good to go! I don't know how to describe it, but my nails "felt" cool when I ran a finger tip over them. I understand why they called them "suedes" now. (The suedes look gorgeous with top coat, but I actually kept this without! Too bad it chipped within a day.)


Apparently OPI considers their Suede collection similar to their mattes, but with added shimmer. You can really see the shimmer in this macro.

I used:
Duri Rejuvacote
2 coats of OPI Ink Suede

What do you think? Do you have any OPI Suedes? Which is your favorite? I have all of the Zoya Velvet Mattes(with the exception of Dovima which is currently in route to me!) and I think some are similar to the OPI Suedes so I need to weed out the ones that are close enough to not go on my wishlist.

Now, if I could just lose this last 10 pounds of baby weight to fit comfortably in my favorite skinny jeans, I'll be happy! LOL Thanks for reading!


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Its so funny you posted this, because In Canada the Suedes have been popping up in Winners... and I actualy got this one too! lol I passed on LPAD Suede... maybe I should go back for it?? humm? I love the pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees ( wait, you already know that since you were the one who told me what the name was since I forgot LMBO ) and I STILL haven't swatched it yet. I love this one though Jacki and that little pocket is darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been eyeballing this color for a while. I think I might have to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any of the suedes, but I am really loving this! I love your interpretation of the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had good luck with layering a top coat under a matte polish to help keep it from chipping as badly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this and I love it - just sensational. Love your photo AND what you did with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhh this is so adorable I can't handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have.to ask... how do you get the line around your cuticle so smooth? Normal remover?

    ReplyDelete